VWU MENTORING VWU MENTORING - Kick-off for the Women Entrepreneurship Mentoring program
On September 5th, 2022, a training session on personnel and operation management was organized by the Vietnam Women's Union and KisStartup Joint Stock Company with the participation of representatives of the Vietnam Women's Union and also Hai Phong and Da Nang district women union. The training session did not only stop at training but also marked the beginning of the journey building in-depth start-up support activities for women in the localities.
Mentoring is not a new concept in the business and startup community in Vietnam. A mentor is actually an experienced person, who wants to help accompany founders and young business owners to grow in many aspects, thereby operating the business more effectively. For their part, mentors are also more mature in their ability to positively influence others, learn from younger generation and practice listening skills, the ability to ask good questions.
Famous leaders or entrepreneurs in the world all have a mentor and mentee, typically Steve Jobs. One of his mentors is the Zen master Kobun Chino Otogawa - who had a great influence on Steve Jobs' outlook on life and the philosophy of Apple's designs.
It would not be wrong to say that mentoring is the weapon of large corporations to small businesses in business operations.
VWU Mentoring program aims to:
- Build the first Business Startup Mentoring program of the Vietnam Women's Union.
- Have a sustainable development operating model, organizational structure, operate philosophy and create value for participants, especially women who start their businesses in localities.
- Stage 1: Run a workshop to find out the problems that female business owners face in the process of running their businesses).
- Stage 2: Design the model according to the actual requirements of Mentor - Mentee.
- Stage 3: Recruit Mentor - Mentee.
- Stage 4: Mentor - Mentee Pairing.
- Stage 5: Monitor
- Stage 6: Adjust the model
Information about upcoming events:
In Hai Phong:
- Workshop "Application of Startup Mentor in Small and Medium Enterprises" takes place on September 14th, 2022.
- Orientation and matchmaking session on September 28th, 2022.
In Da Nang:
- Workshop "Application of Startup Mentor in Small and Medium Enterprises" takes place on September 26th, 2022.
- Orientation and matchmaking session on October 3rd, 2022.